1. There will be no Gronk even though the Patriots made it. Why even watch a Pats game without Gronk? Okay, I'm being ridiculous.. but he's entertaining! -- (Silly reason #1)
2. Tom Brady.. The guy is a living legend, I'm not going to argue that. I'm just over it. Sure, if I were a huge Patriots fan I would most likely have no problem with him being back in the Super Bowl, but I'm not and I think it is awesome to see a new guy like Matt Ryan in there. Congrats to Brady and all of his accomplishments, but new blood would be refreshing..
3. The political statements might just be too much. Even if this hadn't been an election year with a new President now in office, having Lady Gaga as your halftime show just sounds like a recipe for disaster. But since it was an election year, we get to have Lady Gaga as the halftime performer, who, I'm pretty sure, has already said that she will be addressing issues or taking a political stance during her show. Greeeeeeat. I don't care what side your own or what your beliefs are, but is the Super Bowl really the place statements have to be made?
4. I wanted the Cowboys to be there.. Dak and Zeke kind of stole my heart this season.. sooooo I was pretty upset when they lost (especially since they lost to Green Bay and Aaron Rodgers.. haaaard eye roll..). - The season that those two put together as rookies was more than impressive and they were having fun doing it! Football is all of these players and coaches jobs, but it is also a game, and I like to see them have fun while they're working.
5. If (when) the Patriots win, the trophy presentation is not going to be awkward enough or funny enough for me. - I think we all have this picture of Goodell handing over a trophy to Belichick or Brady and how humorous that would be after all of the "Deflate-gate" drama, right? But let's be realistic, unless Belichick or Brady want more trouble and punishment they'll be on their best behavior and it's likely that Goodell is too stuck in his own little world to realize why such a situation would be awkward.. (I'm not a Goodell fan FYI!). It's just going to be a let down, and I am not looking forward to that.
6. I have to work the next day. Seriously, when will the day after the Super Bowl be a national holiday?!?!
Disclaimer: This isn't the only day I think we should be given! We should package it as 1. day after Super Bowl, 2. opening rounds of March Madness, and 3. would it be too much to ask for the whole MLB Playoffs to be included? Eh, go big or go home right?!
What are your Pre-Super Bowl thoughts? Leave them below, I'd love to carry on the conversation with y'all!
Oh, and I'd love for the Falcons to win, but I think the Patriots will walk away with it. They may not have Gronk, but they still have #TB12 so I'm sure they'll be fine.